Portsmouth NH 400 Grand Parade--Note road closures and parking announcements
Celebrate the City of Portsmouth's 400th Anniversary by joining the festivities along the parade route in downtown Portsmouth, NH!
JUNE 3 PARKING AND SHUTTLE ADVISORY FROM PORTSMOUTH CITY HALL
On Saturday, June 3, 2023, the City will experience an influx of thousands of visitors and significant limitations on road access to the locations where these large events are taking place:
• Portsmouth NH 400 Grand Parade, starting at 11 a.m.
• ChowderFest at Prescott Park, starting at 11 a.m.
• RiverFest at Strawbery Banke Museum, starting at 10 a.m.
The Portsmouth NH 400 Grand Parade route travels from Islington Street (Goodwin Park block) to Congress Street, through Market Square, right on Pleasant Street, right on Junkins Avenue and ending on Parrott Avenue and/or South Mill Pond and lower City Hall parking lots. No parking will be allowed on these routes and on side streets starting at 10 a.m. and until at least 1 p.m. as the parade passes.
Because traffic will not be able to cross the Islington/Congress/Daniel Street corridor, and because Hanover Garage has 300 fewer spaces at this time due to ongoing construction, the following arrangements are being made to provide additional parking options.
The Parking Division has contracted to operate two separate shuttle loops with 14-passenger ADA-equipped shuttle vans that will drop passengers at downtown points close to the activities. The shuttles will operate continuously from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
North Loop for those arriving from north and west of Portsmouth (I-95 South, Rte 16, Market Street)
• Parking Lot/Pickup-Dropoff Point: Connect Community Church, 200 Chase Drive (adjacent to I-95 Exit 7)
• Dropoff-Pickup Point: Russell & Deer Streets intersection (Sheraton Portsmouth Hotel)
South Loop for those arriving from south and west of Portsmouth (Rte 1/Lafayette Rd., Rte. 33, I-95 North)
• 1st Parking Lot/Pickup-Dropoff Point: Rear parking lot of Islamic Society of the Seacoast (ISSA) at 355 Spinney Road (access from Middle Road).
• 2nd Parking Lot/Pickup-Dropoff Pont: Little Harbour Elementary School, 50 Clough Drive (off South
• Dropoff-Pickup Point: Behind Portsmouth Middle School at Rogers Street.